Special Education Teacher
Position is responsible for overseeing the education of students with physical, emotional, mental, and learning disabilities; to motivate each student to apply core content competencies to practical challenges; to prepare each student to meet the New Mexico content standards.
For the 2022 - 2023 school year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Apply to: Bridget Barrett, Head Administrator, email@example.com
- Send resume and cover letter
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the school program of instruction
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with Public Education Department Standards and goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of special education students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Ensure compliance by the school with all local and federal law and regulations regarding special education students.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with state-mandated testing.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Maintain student files (paper/electronic) according to school and OSSE standards.
- Meets and instructs assigned students in the locations and at the times designated.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Ensuring IEPs are developmentally appropriate, curriculum/standards-based, strength based, and relevant to individual students.
- Identifying and developing appropriate curriculum and school based assessments to support the academic growth of students with IEPs.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Works with co-workers as a ‘team’ to create a positive and educational learning environment.
- Cooperates with staff and support personnel in assessing and helping students with health, attitude, learning and behavioral problems.
- Other duties as assigned by the SAMS Academy Administrative Team.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current New Mexico teaching certificate in specified field
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday