2022-2023 School Year:
Social Worker / Social Emotional Teacher (posted 1/24/2023 until position is filled)
SUPERVISOR: Head Administrator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as the school’s School Social Worker for both general education and special education students.
· Provide direct services through crisis intervention, mediation, individual, group and family counseling/interventions.
· Provide educational and career counseling individually and in groups.
· Coordinate and provide educational information and training on various social/emotional learning topics for students, staff, and parents.
· Provide consultation to and collaborate with teachers, administrators and other school personnel to support student success and assist in developing positive behavioral supports and intervention strategies for students.
· Develop and maintain relationships and communication with parents regarding student academic, social/emotional and behavioral progress as assist in the reduction of social, emotional and environmental barriers to learning.
· Develops and maintains relationships in partnership with community agencies.
· Serve as a home-school-community liaison and provides referral services to community resources.
· Serve as school’s Homeless Liaison as required by the Public Education Department.
· Maintain documentation on student interactions, especially for students who receive Special Education.
· Complies with the Code of Ethics and Standards for School Social Work Services from the National Association of Social Workers.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Administrator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Master’s Degree Required (Master’s Degree in Social Work).
· Strong communication, collaborative, and interpersonal skills and well organized.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Applications and Outlook.
· Commitment to SAMS Academy’s School mission and values and a student-centered model.
· Follow policies and administrative rules and regulations as specified in the Board policy manual.
· Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
· Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignments without direct supervision.
· After hour work may be required.
· Sitting, standing, lifting and carrying (up to 30 pounds) reaching, squatting, kneeling, and moving light furniture may be required.
SAFETY AND HEALTH:
· Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
· Knowledge and training in first aid and CPR preferred.
· Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate all multi-media equipment including current technology.
· Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Salary determined by Salary Schedule and experience.
· Work year determined by the Head Administrator and the Board